After turning one, Mister One is all about gross motor play. He loves climbing in his pikler, on top of the table, chair, shelves, you name it! If you have a toddler who is also all about gross motor play, then he/she will love the items featured in this post. We already own three of these items, and the other one is Mister One’s main present this year.
- Wobbel – this will be such a great investment as this balance board will grow with your toddler. We received this from Wobbel Japan when Mister Six was 4 years old and he still plays with it. Now, Mister One is also enjoying it. A wobbel can be played in many ways. Mister six also uses it as a tunnel when playing with his trains and cars. It can hold up to 200kgs so even adults can use it!
The Wobbel stimulates balance and strength during play and use. In a playful way, but very efficiently, it supports physical awareness and balance. When using it as a training device, specific muscle groups can be isolated, while other exercises train big muscle groups.-Wobbel
- Mini Micro 3-in-1 Classic Scooter – this is Mister One’s main present this Christmas. I love that it is 3-in-1 and can be adjusted as your child grows. The ride-on scooter has an adjustable seat that can be used from 12 months. They can lean-to-steer and comes with an ultra manoeuvrable O-bar that is perfect for small hands. And when they are ready, you can change the O-bar to the iconic Mini Micro Classic. Always perfectly attuned to your child’s size and physical development. This will definitely help them build confidence along with crucial balance and coordination skills.
- Mini Micro Scooter links:
- Ride ‘n Roll Car- this is Mister One’s current favorite! He uses it as soon as he wakes up and as soon as we arrive home from daycare. I can’t recommend this enough! He loves it so much. He rides it or pushes it even before he can walk. He is obsessed! The particular brand that he has is the Kid’s Preferred Skipper Ride ‘n Roll Car but there are other similar brands that you can find online. You can also possibly find one from fb marketplace or mercari or thrift shops near you. Ours was just lent to us by our family friend but I’ll buy it in a heartbeat if needed.
- Ride ‘n Roll Car Links:
- Slide -we have a pikler and ramp, so this may look excessive that we also have a slide at home, but hear me out. This was Mister Six’s Christmas gift when he was 2 years old. I tried to sell it before but the sale didn’t push through so it was just in our attic all these years. Then last month, I decided to put it out of storage. Mister One is OBSESSED! He loves it so much! He uses it everyday that although its so big for a Japanese home, I can’t put it back in storage since it receives a lot of love on a daily basis. So if you are thinking about getting one and you have a space for it, I say go for it! Especially helpful nowadays that we spend most of our time indoors!
- Slide links:
I hope these items will be helpful to you if you have a toddler. If ever you purchase one of these, please tag me on instagram, I’d love to know what you think! What are you planning to give this Christmas to your toddler?